I Work In Michigan But Live In Indiana. What State Do I File For Unemployment In?


3 Answers

Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright answered
File in the state where you legally reside in
Eliza Houck Profile
Eliza Houck answered
I think you should file unemployment in indiana. They may find out eventually that you don't work in indiana.
thanked the writer.
Anonymous commented
No, you would have to file with Michigan. You go by the state you have wages in. If you work in Michigan, and file with Indiana you will be denied.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Call the unemployment office in Michigan and Indiana.  They can tell you.

Answer Question