What Kind Of Grants Can I Get That Will Pay My Bills While I Go Back To School?


2 Answers

David Gill Profile
David Gill answered
If you find that you need financial support in order to sustain your attendance at school, there are programmes which are designed to help you. However, not everyone will be entitled to benefit from these grants, and it’s likely that your suitability for financial aid will be means tested. Whereas some scholarships are offered to students who show academic excellence (thereby incentivising them to go to a certain education institution), there will also be financial packages that are designed to encourage young people who are the first in their family to go through further education. The opportunities that are designed to help you will depend on the school you are considering, so visit their website for further information. All organisations will have a section devoted to explaining the types of financial aid offered.

Due to the budget deficit that the UK is experiencing, there are some forms of student finance that have been withdrawn. One of them is the Education Maintenance Allowance, commonly abbreviated to EMA. In this initiative, students would receive £10, £20 or even £30 a week if the combined salaries of their parents were under a certain amount. Additionally, some students would also receive a bonus of up to £500 at the conclusion of every academic year. This could be used to purchase textbooks, stationary and as a subsidiary towards transport to and from school. Unfortunately, this has since been withdrawn as the coalition government looks to make difficult savings that are affecting everyone.

The other alternative is to get an employer to sponsor you, but the condition will be that you will have to complete a period of working for them afterwards. Some careers, like nursing, will have degrees paid for entirely by the NHS. Of course, irrespective of which financial grant you’re looking for, strong attendance and good results will be key conditions in the payments continuing on a regular basis.
milfred hoojighabba Profile
You can try and go to a school counselor...they will help a lot. You can also look towards your community...if you are involved in a church, temple, etc. They would definitely help if it is readily avail to them to help you. Try those.

Answer Question