Can I Claim Sick Pay Unemployed Over Six Months?


5 Answers

James Kent Profile
James Kent answered
If you are off work due to sickness or ill health you should get Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from your employer. If you do not get Statutory Sick Pay you can claim Incapacity Benefit. Statutory Sick Pay can last for up to six months, at the end of which you will be given a form to claim Incapacity Benefit.

Not everyone can get Incapacity Benefit as it depends on how much National Insurance that you have paid. It is a good idea to claim Income Support. Do not wait for a decision because Income Support is not normally backdated. If you are sick or disabled because of work or through being in the armed services, go to a Citizens Advice Bureau as other Benefits and pensions may apply.

If you have difficulty walking, need guidance or supervision outdoors, are unable to cook, need care from someone else or need watching over then you should be able to claim Disability Living Allowance.

If you are over 65 and you need care from someone you can claim Attendance Allowance. These Benefits also open the door to extra money on Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and extra help with road tax and parking.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I have just lost my job, although before this happened I was suffering from bad migraines and dizzy spells. Now the stress of looking for a new job and constantly worrying about how to pay my bills the migraines and dizzy spells are a lot more frequent. This happened because I was assaulted violently in town, due to this I have to visit my doctor occasionally for an assessment and my prescription.
Andrea Carling Profile
Andrea Carling answered
Yeah you can if you are on jobseekers or any other benifit you take your sick note off your doctor and take into the jobcentre that you are down at.
If you are employed but have not worked there long enough to claim sick pay off them you get sick pay off the jobcentre also.
nettie Profile
nettie answered
You can always put in a request for it, nothing beats a failure but a try.....the best to you

Answer Question