Direct Marketing is basically a kind of marketing technique. It reaches the consumers directly for conveying the marketing message. It doesnot use any intervening media. It is focused on driving purchases which are attributed to specific call to action.
It includes methods such as Direct mail, e-mail and telemarketing etc. The advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
- There are no intermediaries involved so profits are not shared.
- Producer is in control of the marketing of his product
- The producer has more chances to reach customer who would not have gone to purchase from the shops.
- The positive results can be measured directly.
- There is more cost involved in distribution of promotional material.
- There is high cost involved in making distribution material.