How Do I Claim Underemployment Benefits?


5 Answers

Ebony Nash Profile
Ebony Nash answered
Claiming for under employment benefits is exactly the same as claiming for un employment benefits, but it also depends on what state you live in as each one has different rules and regulations. You may have to finish your claim off in person but using the Internet is the best way to start your search. If you log onto your state’s government website, you should be able to a link entitled Remuneration & "Underemployed" or something very similar.

Under employment refers to a situation where a person is employed but not in a desired capacity, whether in terms of compensation, hours or levels of skill and experience. Even though these people are not unemployed, they are still competing for jobs.

If you access your state’s government website, you should be able to find out some information about your local social services. You should also research what you will need to take with you if you need to visit the social services office in order to file for under employment. You will definitely need to take with you some form of identification such as a driver’s license, passport or even your birth certificate. In order to make sure that you have everything you need, it might be a good idea to call your local office before you head in. It is better if you turn up organized and prepared because that way you can get your benefits sooner.

Nowadays, for ease of application, most states allow you to fill in your forms online and submit them from your computer. The website from this link will let you pick your state out from the map and it will give you a number of ways to file your claim that you can pick from. You can file it over the Internet or by phone, and this website even gives you telephone numbers that you can call to get advice on starting your career.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I work a full time job (40hrs) but now are employer is only giving us (35hrs in a week) can file for underemployment and if so how do I get it. Please reply, THANK  you.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered

Remuneration & "Underemployed"

What the law says: This issue is covered by Section 48 of the Michigan Employment Security Act
and the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) Administrative Rules 112, 113, and 302. The law says
that to be entitled to unemployment benefits for a week, the worker must be either “unemployed”
or “underemployed.”
Jill Keeley Profile
Jill Keeley answered

where is the application online for underemployment? It is not on the web site any where.

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I work a part time job that I am guaranteed 25 hours per week @$14.22 an hour. Am I entitled to collect underemployment benefits? There is no hope of it ever turning full time as the employer does not want to pay out health benefits. Please let me know. Thanks.

Answer Question