You can easily check your state refund online, how you do that all depends on exactly which state you live and pay taxes in... Here's a break down of what you need to know:
How to check your state tax refund
The most important part is to checking on your state tax refund is to find out the web address of your individual state.
Usually, the web address will be pretty straight forward (so NY state is http://www.tax.ny.gov for example, but you can find yours by doing a quick google search.
Details you will need to check on your tax refund status:
- Your social security number.
- Your mailing address. If your address has changed since you filed your return (you may need to update your address if it has changed)
- The refund amount shown on your tax return.
This is the kind of information that you can expect to get from these tax websites:
- Processing timeframes
- Ability to amend your details
- Opportunity to raise a concern about your tax refund
As a general rule, most states say state tax refund within:
- 7-10 days if you e-filed your return.
- 8-12 weeks from the date you mailed your return.