How Do I Change My Address Online For My Unemployment Benefits?


7 Answers

Danielle Joynson Profile
In order for you to change your address regarding unemployment benefits, you can carry this out in a number of ways. In one instance you can change your address with unemployment office or you could go online, as you mentioned.

  • How do I change my address for unemployment benefits?
You can change your address via the online facilities that are available to you. In order to do this you must access the unemployment website relevant to your state and then go through the options provided on their website once you've logged in. However, in some states, there is no web portal for citizens on unemployment benefits so you should consider getting in touch with your local unemployment office to see if this is a viable option.

  • Go to your unemployment office
As I alluded to above, you can go directly to your unemployment office or to the local workforce commission. If you use this option then you must either speak to your specific advisor or go straight to a member of staff and ask them to help you. After you've explained that you wish to change your address, then they will enlist the advice of an agent. You may be required to show some proof of identity, however if it is your local office then they should have your details on file.

  • Get on the phone
In most cases you can simply call the appropriate number and ask to speak to a claims representative. You will probably have the number stored in documents that you have already been given when you signed up for unemployment benefits. If you do not have the number you should contact your local unemployment office. You will be required to tell them your name, social security number along with your new address.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
How do I change my address for my unemployment benefits
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I have just moved in with a friend and need to change my address to get my benefits. But, She and her husband does not have a rent book to prove that I live here. I only have my change of address form from the Post Office. Please let me know what to do.
jackie smith Profile
jackie smith answered
To the best of my knowledge you can't you have to go down to prove where you live and bring some letters and bills or rent book or mortgage book

Answer Question