I Want To Sell Candy From My Home, Do I Need A Vendor's License To Do So?


5 Answers

Shanesubber Richardson Profile
This answer depends on whether you are planning to make the candy or sell pre-packaged candy, and where in America you are based. Each state and local government has its own rules and regulations. You need to contact both and ask the questions.

Assuming you are planning to make and sell candy these are some things that you will certainly need to start off your business.

Firstly, you will need a business plan. Decide what kind of candy you want to make and how you plan to brand them and package them.

Secondly, you will need to set up a joint venture agreement with a local restaurant or catering company so you can use their kitchen and equipment in return for a rental payment or percentage of your profits. This is essential, as you are not allowed to sell candy that has been made in your own house. You need to have or at least have access to a commercial kitchen that has been approved by a health inspector. Joint ventures save you the cost of building or renting your own kitchen.

Visit your local county clerk to obtain a business license, sellers permit and a DBA. These can all be applied for o the same day by filling out some forms and paying some fees. These are essential in order to run your business legally.

You will need to contact the IRS and apply for a taxpayer identification number. This can be done online and you will get a number immediately. This is needed to open a business bank account as well as buying supplies at wholesale price.

Take note of the food labeling laws by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Nutritional information is required for any candy you plan to sell.
kyndall oliver Profile
kyndall oliver answered
No just  let people no you have candy
Becca Duncan Profile
Becca Duncan answered

You may want to check with your state's rules & regulations.

Answer Question