Where To Send 1099 Misc Form?


3 Answers

Robert Schatten Profile
Robert Schatten answered
It should be sent to the IRS. You will need to file this form for every person that you have paid throughout the year. You will need to pay at least $10 in royalties or broker payment, which is in lieu of the dividends, or interest that is tax-exempt. You will also need to have paid at least $600 in rents and services, prizes or awards, or any other income payment. This also includes the payment of medical and healthcare services, crop insurance proceeds, cash payments or more. Gross proceeds of $600 must also have been paid to the attorney.

You also need to use the form 1099 MISC to report that you have been able to make direct sales of, at the very least, $5,000 of consumer products to your buyers, or for resale anywhere else other than a permanent retail establishment. The Form 1099 MISC must also be filed for every person from who you have withheld federal income tax, with regards to backup withholding rules. This is of course regardless of the amount of the payment.

You should be sure to report every payment within the proper box, given that the IRS uses the information to decipher whether or not the recipient has reported the payment properly.

For trade or business reporting only, you will need to report on this form only when the payments have actually been made during the course of trade of your firm. The personal payments are not reportable, too. You will be engaged within a trade or business if you currently operate for a profit - that’s an important thing to remember. If you are working for a profit, then you are most definitely working in a trade or business, despite what you may think. Always ensure you stick to these rules.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
If  you mean as an employer, it goes to the IRS.  You need to log on to because depending on the state that you live in, it goes to a different address.

Answer Question