How Can I Find My 401k From My Old Company?


2 Answers

Steven Vakula Profile
Steven Vakula answered
Companies do not hold 401K money when you leave employment. This is distributed to you or rolled over. If you had a 401K with them and did not receive this money or roll it over, then contact the investment company that holds this money. You should also do a missing asset search with your name as if the company distributed this money, which they would have it would be with the Department of Revenue in the State you worked. This money is held in trust until claimed. Doing the missing asset search with your information should list where this money is and how you can obtain the funds.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Hi, would it be possible to call the company that bought your fathers old company.  Ask for the personnel or human resource department and enquire with them.

They would surely know what has happened to the 401k benefits and can help you.

Hope this helps.

Answer Question