Sellers also use invoices, which they will send to buyers, listing the products that have been sold and the money that is due.
Invoices are usually sent by post, though nowadays people tend to use electronic invoices.
An invoice includes the following:
- the name of the person or company who is sending the invoice
- the name of the company that the invoice is being sent to; purchase order
- tax ID number
- billing and shipping addresses
- the date for which the payment is due
- information on the products sold (such as quantity, unit because, tax etc)
- how the item will be shipped and how much it will cost to ship it
- sub-totals and the total amount due