I am new to online world, eager to know about What is SEO and what are the elements of SEO?

2

Janet Waston Waston Profile
Janet Waston Waston , Janet Waston is an accounting professional, she has expertise in hosting quickbooks hosting and she also consults about the benefits of Quic, answered

SEO is Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine result.

SEO is two type 1. On Page SEO 2. OFF Page SEO.

Off page SEO element is...

1. Search Engine Submission

2. Use Keyword in Post

3. Bookmarking Websites

4. Directory Submission

5.Slide share

6.Blog Commenting

7.Article Submission

On page SEO element is...

1. Website Speed

2. Title Tag-

3. Meta Description

4. Keyword Density

5. Hidden Content

6. Image Alt Tag

7. URL Structure

8. Internal Links

10. Bold Important Keyword

11. Website Structure

14. Post Length

15. Sitemap.

Arsal Jawwad Profile
Arsal Jawwad answered

1 - Free Online Guides

Beginner's Guide to SEO

A number of free guides, eBooks and downloadable PDFs exist on the web to help provide insight into SEO. Some are highly comprehensive while others touch only lightly on the topic. The key to being successful with this process is to identify guides that are both up-to-date and accurate in their recommendations. No council exists to regulate the dispersal of SEO information and thus, a few proprietors of free guides can lead you down incomplete or even dead wrong paths.

Recommended for: New to SEO, Aspirant, Journeyman

List of Resources:

Time Investment / Commitment Required: 1-3 hours should get you through any of the guides above

#2 - Published Literary Works

The Art of SEO

For those who like to curl up with a book, a number of authors/publishers have come out with solid resources in the past couple years. Books have a unique advantage over online guides in that they're often better written, more carefully edited and can be more easily judged on the reputation of the authors/publishers. Conversely, they are hard to update (even in the book I wrote last year, a few links and references are already broken) and thus, don't always contain the most up-to-date information.

List of Resources:

Time Investment / Commitment Required: The largest of these is ~450 pages, which might take between 4-8 hours depending on how fast you read

#3 - Blogs, Forums & Search Communities

Cre8asite Forums

In my opinion, everyone learning SEO can garner value from discovering 3-5 favorite sources of information online and keeping up to date with each on a daily or weekly basis. Forums and blogs pump out a tremendous quantity of content, but just by browsing the headlines and reading teh stories that stand out, you can get exposure to strategies, techniques, news and trends that would otherwise be difficulty to stumble on by yourself.

Many SEOs (myself included) first learned the practice almost entirely through contributions, questions and threads on industry blogs & forums. Today, I'd suggest starting with a base from a free guide or book, then diving into the communities to stay sharp and get individual questions answered. I've provided a few of my personal favorite resources below, but will be working on a more comprehensive list in the near future.

Recommended for: All

List of Resources:

Time Investment / Commitment Required: 30-45 minutes per day or 90 minutes per week (if you aggregate your time into a single slot)

#4 - Building Sites & Earning Rankings

Posterous

Many in the SEO field will say that building your own sites and practicing SEO in the real world is the only way to learn. I disagree with that message, but I do concur that it's possibly the most crucial step to advancing your career and abilities.

My view is that if, prior to building a site and attempting to earn some rankings, you have a great mental model of the field, you can build a truly defensible strategy for your site(s). If you simply register a domain that sounds nifty and start trying to rank for a keyword you think is popular, you can get a very warped sense for how to do SEO and what matters in the short, medium and long run. At the very least, read a free guide and engage a bit on some of the online communities.

Once you've got a base of knowledge, building a site is the next logical step. I strongly suggest starting small and preferrably with a topic that you're personally passionate about rather than one that just has high AdSense payouts. I'll recommend a number of options for building/hosting below, but if you have the technical know-how to configure your own server and write from scratch, that's a perfectly reasonable alternative (just make sure it's not too time consuming to leave room for some actual SEO).

Recommended for: Aspirant, Journeyman, Authority

List of Resources:

Time Investment / Commitment Required: A minimum of 4-5 hours for setup and creation of initial content, and more likely 40-50 hours to produce something high quality and robust and conduct initial off-site SEO/marketing efforts.

#5 - Conferences & Events

SEOmoz PRO Training Seminar

If you're hungry to learn SEO in person, see real life examples and hear stories from the front lines (as well as meeting the practitioners and evangelists), getting out to events is an excellent next step. The last few years has seen an explosion in the quantity and variety of events in the field and many have different foci and target audiences, so be sure to choose the right one for accomplishing your goals. Many of the large conferences are focused on drawing out discussion around topics, advancing the discourse in the field and promoting networking while some smaller events are more specifically geared to pure education or intimate networking.

Recommended for: Journeyman and Above

List of Resources (in order of upcoming dates):

Time Investment / Commitment Required: Typically 2-4 days plus travel time

#6 - Online Classes

The online online learning series I'm familiar with in this category is Market Motive, but they're impressive enough to warrant both a category of their own and a recommendation. Founded by Michael Stebbins and John Marshall (who previously founded & sold ClickTracks) along with Avinash Kaushik, Todd Malicoat, Bryan Eisenberg and more, the staff is a who's who of Internet marketing. When this many great brains get together, the results are smashing. Market Motive combines webinars, phone calls, coursework and more into a comprehensive curriculum. They end the series with a dissertation defense given over the phone and only passing candidates earn certification.

I've personally been on a few calls with early entrants and master certification candidates and been seriously impressed. Since I'm recommending them so highly, I connected with the folks at Market Motive, and they've put together a discount  for moz readers. You can sign up for MarketMotiveusing the code "SMZ6TOOLSMC" and get $600 off their master certification course + 3 months of SEOmoz PRO membership FREE. But, make sure to do it in the next 5 days as the upcoming master certication course starts on July 19th.

Anonymous