Media convergence involves the joining of different segments of media as far as technology is concerned. The media has generally been separated into a number of different channels as far as technology is concerned. We have always had a separation between TV, radio, paper etc.
- This has changed and now there is a huge amount of media mediums converging into one or a few different technologies. In many cases the introduction of the internet and its huge popularity as well as gadgets that utilized it are really pushing this agenda forward.
- One of the prime examples of this is the new area of tablet computers, where it is possible to get an exact replica of your paper r magazine on a screen. These papers can be maneuvered in a very similar way to the real thing and can still bear a huge resemblance to computers.
- These newspapers are also combined with a number of other elements such as social media, videos and podcasts. This altogether leads to a huge experience that incorporates a wide array of media.
- This media convergence is useful to everyone and allows instant news to those that need it in business or otherwise. All you have to do is log on and you will be able to interact with the news and the world.
- Media convergence has really pushed things forward and has made a huge difference to the way we perceive and interact with the media. Media has come along in this manner in leaps and bounds in the last decade.