Following are the five roles that an individual can play in an organization:
- Figure head: A Figurehead is a role that is played by an employee during a ceremonial activity when he represents his company. There is no decision making in it and very little serious communication.
- Liaison: A Liaison is a role that is used for making and maintaining contact with people outside the organization. It requires strong communication skills but very little authority.
- Leader: A Leader is involved in control and coordination of work.
- Monitor: In a monitor role, an employee is responsible for continuous scanning of the external and internal environment.
- Disseminator: A disseminator is involved in transmittal of information. This involves high analytical and communication skills.
According to my knowledge none of these roles are in conflict with each other.