Simons have 4 phases of decision-making:
- Identify reality.
- Get problem/opportunity understanding.
- Obtain required information.
- Make decision criteria.
- Make decision alternatives.
- Look for related unmanageable events.
- Identify the links between criteria, alternatives, and events.
- Logically assess the decision alternatives.
- Make recommended actions that best meet the decision criteria.
- Consider the decision analysis and assessment.
- Evaluate the cost of the recommendations.
- Have confidence in the decision.
- Make an implementation plan.
- Secure required supplies.
- Set implementation plan into act.