UNICEF stands for United Nations Children's Fund. It is a subsidiary organization of United Nations that was established after World War II in December 1946. The main aim of the organization is to provide proper health care and food to children and women of the world.
Following are some of the functions of UNICEF:
- Providing Basic Education Infrastructure to the world
- Increasing Child Survival rate in the developing world.
- Gender equality through education for girls.
- Protection of children from any form of violence and abuse
- Protecting and advocating the rights of children.
- Immunization of infants from different diseases.
- Provision of adequate nutrition and safe drinking water to children