There can be many benefits of on the job training, some of the advantages of on the job training are:
- Employees learn to work in the environment that will work in future instead of a classroom and that makes them familiar with the environment.
- On the job training may not require many costs because you do not need many special aids or trainer. It is usually provided by senior employees acting as guides.
- If they have any confusion, it can be cleared right there and then and they will understand more about the job with the confusion being clarified before the actual job begins.
- In the case of new employees, it will give them more confidence on the job because they will acquire knowledge about how they are supposed to work.
- It stimulates the improvement process because new people will ask questions about how they have to work and may also give suggestions to improve working procedures.