We have two grandchildren living with us full time for the last three years in New Mexico. We totally 100% support them. Their mother lives out of state in Arizona. Does their mother have the legal right to claim them on her income tax return?


1 Answers

Nick Major Profile
Nick Major answered

If the mother is paying for at least half the children's needs then yes. Because she's supporting them. Though some would argue that they have to live with you to claim them. Tax returns  are more or less based on what you're putting your money into. 

Answer Question