Multimedia has the following uses in advertisement :-
1) For the graphics of print and media ads.
2) Creating Animations and engineering sounds of the ads to give it an appropriate aesthetically appealing look and feel.
3) Editing for television commercials using tools like Apple cut pro and Adobe Photoshop.
4) Creating 3D animations using software tools like Maya and 3DS Max.
5) Using inpage software for designing print ads.
When the animation and the graphic designs are used to sell products or services, then it is known as multimedia advertising. There are various forms of multimedia advertising like through videos, online advertising and DVDs, CDs etc. The companies can always increase their customers base through multimedia advertising therefore, multimedia advertising positively contributes in the marketing of the products and services.
Online advertising is an example of the use of multimedia in advertising and it has provided many benefits to the online companies and traditional companies as well. The better will be the dynamic digital advertising, which also comes under the multimedia advertising, the better will be the effectiveness of the advertising. Basically use of multimedia in advertising has brought a revolution in the traditional advertisement. In this way it increases the importance of multimedia advertising for all of the companies which sell products and services.