Citing meeting minutes in APA style is fairly straightforward. There is some basic information that you MUST include, such as:
- The name of the individual making note of the minutes (in the format J. Smith, if the person is called "John Smith").
- Date on which these specific minutes were recorded
- The title of the meeting. Use italic font to emphasize this, it's an important piece of information!
- Put the phrase (meeting minutes) after the italicised title.
Here are some caveats to be aware of when citing meeting minutes in APA format.
- If the minutes are distributed through the internet, include the address of the webpage. Use the phrase "retrieved from..." for this purpose.
- If the meeting minutes have yet to be published, you can include the location (city and state name), where the minutes were recorded.
APA meeting minutes must also follow a specific format, the order of which is:
- Authorship (regardless of whether the minutes are provided by an individual or an organization).
- The current year.
- Page number, if this is available.