I was hired for a full-time position and was given 40+ hrs a week back in Feb. About over a month ago my boss cut my hours weekly to 27 without telling me or letting me know I am no longer full time. What steps can I take to file for underemployment?


4 Answers

Otis Campbell Profile
Otis Campbell answered

Every state has different laws and rules on employment. I have never heard of underemployment here in texas

Darik Majoren Profile
Darik Majoren answered

But you are employed, just not full time . . . So, did you lose any health benefits because of this?

I would say you need to start looking for full time employ . . . The unemployment rate is the lowest it's been for 8 years now, so strike while the iron is hot.

Tom  Jackson Profile
Tom Jackson answered

I think this would be worth a consultation with a lawyer who specializes in labor issues.

The words "employment contract" come to mind.

The first consult is ussually free or at a minimal cost.

Answer Question