There are plenty of benefits of effective communication in an organisation. Having done a bit of research on the topic, I've highlighted some of the most significant benefits below:
- Motivation - If employees feel like an integral part of the business, it's easier to motivate them to meet targets.
- Relationships - Good communication improves relationships with clients, and can reduce the amount of things that go wrong within transactions.
- Sales - Better communication with customers makes the feel valued, and leads to a rise in sales.
- Decision making - If everyone is one the same page, it's easier to make important decisions within the organisation.
- Goals - If employees and management communicate well, it's easier to ensure that everyone is striving for the same goal.
- Expansion - Good communication allows the organisation to reach new areas of the market. For example, being able to communicate with foreign markets is a huge bonus.
There are endless reasons to strive for effective communication within an organisation. When we consider the list above; poor communication actually leads to the opposite. Sales and motivation will plummet, and will continue to do so until better communication is established.
Here's a useful video looking at business communication skills, which you might find useful: