What's it like to leave a secure job and start your own company?

3

Ben Mullard Profile
Ben Mullard , Founder of 24 Beers, answered

I've recently given up a safe but ultimately unrewarding job to go and do what I want to do.

Once I had that idea, and I knew it's a great idea, it consumed me and it's all I could think about.  When the times came to hand in my notice I felt excitement, but I kept cool and gave a simple statement that I was leaving.  I was crossing the Rubicon and about to turn my plan into reality.  But then I had to serve out my notice, which was a really frustrating time.  I felt that every hour that went by was wasted and could be better used working on setting up my enterprise.

The day finally came for me to walk out of the door for the last time and I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach; excitement, nerves, but then I relaxed.  Since the day I left my job I've never looked back but, when I think about what I've embarked upon, my feelings alternate between a triumvirate of sharp focus, eagerness to do everything at once, and mild fear of the security I've given up and the hard work ahead.

Above all, it feels amazing to be in control of my future.

Derek Alvarez Profile
Derek Alvarez , President, CEO of Ezlifegadgets.com, answered

Scary at first, often times very stressful.  You should never quit your job and start a small business counting on the fact that you will be making alot of money.  Make sure you have savings and a backup plan.  Some business do fail.  Once your making money and your business is succeeding, you will be glad you made the leap.

I know you have some motivation to find a reliable service of employment. Jobs can be found job agency mississauga through this service httрs://jobssite.ca/job-agency-mississauga/ which I recently used when I was looking for a new company. By the way, there is a fairly wide selection of vacancies and you can quickly find a job through this site. If you are interested on it, you can try to verify this service.

Anonymous