- Taking them out of their usual working environment can increase their concentration and commitment to the training
- There maybe more specialist training equipment available in a training center
- The staff who are being trained could also mix with staff from other departments and ideas could be exchanged and relationships developed
- There could be more space and less disruption if the staff are trained in a specialist building rather than being squeezed into a backroom at the company's offices.
- Traveling to and from the training center could be expensive
- The time it takes to get to the training center could mean lost hours of productivity
- Staff members may not feel comfortable in different surroundings and so will struggle to take in any of the training
However sometimes in-house training can be more convenient if the cost of travel and lost time is too great for a company to sacrifice.